Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Green Bean Casserole

In light of the Holidays I have decided to post one of my favorite dishes for the season. GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE...this dish is the reason I look forward to the holidays. I could eat this all day every day.
I do have to admit, this recipe came from an online source. However, I got it so many years ago I cannot remember which site it came from. So if any of you out there knows exactly where this recipe originated, please share. I want to make sure they get the credit.

1/3 stick of Butter
1/2 Cup of diced onions
1/2 Cup of sliced mushrooms
2 Cups of sliced fresh Green Beans
3 Cups of Chicken Broth
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Can French Onion Rings
Garlic Powder, Pepper, & Salt to taste


Preheat oven to 350*

Melt butter in a large skillet. Saute the onions and mushrooms in the butter. Cook until they are a golden brown color.

Boil Green Beans in chicken broth for 10 minutes.

Then drain.

Combine green beans, mushroom soup, salt, pepper, garlic powder, mushroom mixture in a large mixing bowl.  Mix well.

Pour mixture into a greased 11/2 quart baking dish. Bake 20 minutes.

 Then top with French Onion rings and bake for another 10-15 minutes.

Enjoy!

*** Note: I was making this dish for about 20 people, so I doubled the recipe**

No comments:

Post a Comment