Friday, December 14, 2012

Career Woman

We have now been in Texas for 4 months and each day I question if we made the right decision. I knew personally that it was right, having my family so close and being able to take part in family functions. But professionally, did we make a mistake? For my husband he wouldn't think so, he is so much happier here than he has ever been, and loves his job more than anything (of course not more than me, but you get the idea). As for me I feel like I am a kid again, when a grownup asks you "what do you want to do with your life, what do you want to be when you grow up?" and you never have the right answer.

I have spent hours on end applying for more jobs then I can count, and it feels like I am running on a hamster wheel. Working so hard to get nowhere. I was extremely blessed to have had such an amazing group of people to work with at Disney, that I fear I wasn't going to be able to find that closeness again. (maybe that is why I thought about changing careers and going back to school..who knows, I am one complicated woman) Everyone I worked with was more than a colleague, but a friend.

After going through interviews and reading up on companies, my fear started to seem like it was inevitable...until the other day....I had an interview with this company, and when I left there I felt like THIS is what I have been searching for. This is the type of company I want to work for and these are the exact type of people I want to work with. I left there feeling elated! I wanted this job soooooooo bad! I was on pins and needles just waiting to hear back. (The hardest part is always the waiting). Luckily I didn't have to wait too long for them to call me...whew!...and WOOO HOOO they offered me the job!!!!!!!!!!! I'm finally back out in the workforce....I start January 7th! Lets hope the Mayans aren't correct about the end of the world.....

I finally feel like this is where I am supposed to be in life, and I couldn't be more excited to see what the future will hold in my career.

Anyone else out there as excited about their career as I am? Or am I just nuts?




No comments:

Post a Comment