Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Chicken & Rice Casserole

YUMMY is an understatement for this amazing, melt in your mouth deliciousness....This recipe is an all-time favorite in our house hold. My husband is always asking me to make it, even if we have already had it one night this week. It is one of those that has been passed down from my grandparents, to my parents, and then to me. (and I am sure there are others out there like it, but not as good :D) I hope one day I can pass it along to my kids. 

What I love most about this recipe is that it is SO EASY! You really can't mess it up!

Here is what you will need:

2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
6-8 Chicken Parts (I use boneless - skinless thighs)
2 Cups Boiling Water
1/2 Pkg Dry Onion Soup Mix
1 Cup long grain rice, uncooked
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
Salt & Pepper to taste
9X13 Baking Pan
Small Pot
Foil

First you preheat the oven to 325 degrees and while that is heating up go ahead and boil the 2 cups of water in a pot with the bouillon cubes.
Lay the rice in a 9X13 pan & pour the boiling water over the rice. Then you lay the chicken on top of the rice (you can use frozen chicken).
Sprinkle the dry onion soup mix over the chicken and the rice, then spread the can of soup over the top.
Doesn't that just look nice and gooey?!
Cover the pan with foil and place in the preheated oven. Cook for an hour then uncover and bake for another 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes, then serve.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment