Monday, August 27, 2012

Fork in the Road...Left? or Right?

So today I decided that I was going to apply to the Art Institute of Austin and pursue my life long dream of being an Interior Designer...........oh boy back to school!


Why Interior Design? Why now? When I was a little girl, my mother allowed me, an eight-year-old, to have full reign in decorating my own room, and I’m not talking about just picking out bedding and curtains. But from the color of the walls, to the wallpaper trim, and finally to the color and texture of the carpet, my creative options were endless. From that point on I was hooked and wanted to decorate every room I could get my hands on. Unfortunately, my mom didn’t let me decorate the whole house, but I owe it to her for having faith in an eight-year-old girl and allowing me to express my artistic abilities. When it came time to get ready for college I had no doubt in my mind that Interior Design was the degree I was going after. Regrettably, as hard as I tried to make that happen at the University of Texas at Austin, it was still out of reach. I did what any college student would do, I decided to settle on getting a B.A. in Government so that I could graduate and start my life in the corporate world. Luckily, a few years later I have the opportunity to change my career path and potentially do something I love. Sure, I could just get back out in the corporate world with any job out there, but my passion lies within Interior Design and I want to do something I love. 

These are the words I had to express in my application essay....they asked me to write a complete essay on why I have chosen this career path, what I think will make me successful as a college student and as a professional...and they expected for me to keep it at approximately 150 words......HA! I don't even know what 150 word essay looks like! I guess that is something that has always been a weakness of mine. I can go on and on and on about anything (chatty Cathy over here), but to keep it simple sweet and to the point is something I can't seem to accomplish....
 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're doin' it girl! Life's too short to do anything less than what you love :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete